This recipe is going to change the way you drink hot chocolate forever – seriously. It is so ridiculously easy to make but this one extra ingredient makes it AMAZING. With the holidays right around the corner (YAY!), this is the perfect simple treat make and enjoy on a chilly night in. It’s a really easy recipe to manipulate so you can change the amounts to make it for two people or for an entire party. If you haven’t tried Nutella yet, I don’t know what you’ve been doing. Stop reading this post, run to your nearest grocery store and pick up a jar of this magic. It’s a chocolate hazelnut spread that is perfectly sweet and rich with a hint of nutty flavor added. All in all, it’s heaven and it makes for the most amazing cup of chocolatey goodness. Follow these steps for a Nutella hot chocolate that you will absolutely love.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups milk (whole, reduced fat, or dairy free)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Marshmallows for garnish
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Any milk will work! I have tried it with regular milk, lactose-free milk, and almond milk – they were all delicious!
- Add in Nutella and whisk continuously until combined.
- Heat until Nutella is fully melted and milk is warm.
- While the hot chocolate is heating, roast marshmallow over an open flame (I use my gas stove) until it is perfectly browned and melted.
- Pour into mug and garnish with a jumbo roasted marshmallow.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family! Enjoy your yummy treat!