Now that it’s officially May, it’s time to think about what to buy for one of the most important holidays of the year – Mother’s Day! Seriously – if your mom is anything like mine, she puts her whole life on hold for you 365 days a year so it’s nice to return the favor once in a while. Since I am so far from home (I miss you, mommy), I like to be sure to send my mom a sweet card and get her a gift that shows her how important she is to me. It’s not like any gift could ever fully express my love for her but hey, Nordstrom is a good place to start! Since I love shopping at Nordstrom for myself so much (and let’s be real, I learned that from my momma), it’s always my go-to for gifts! They have a variety of merchandise that makes shopping for gifts so easy. If you haven’t had time to sort through tons of inventory to find the perfect thing for your mom this year, don’t worry – I did it for you! Here is my Mother’s Day Gift Guide that you can follow to get your mom a gift she will love, no matter what she’s into.
- Kate Spade Silver Picture Frame – Every mom loves a sweet picture frame! Bonus points for printing out her favorite picture of you together and framing it before you give it to her. When choosing a picture frame for someone else, be sure to be mindful of what the decor in their home looks like. When in doubt, opt for something simple that can blend into many styles. This silver plated one is a classic choice that will last a lifetime!
- World’s Best Mom Mug – My mom is a lifelong tea drinker so whenever I see a mug, she instantly comes to mind. This one is appropriately printed with “world’s best mom” in gold so she can think of you every time she uses it! The huge 15 oz capacity will surely be appreciated if your mom is a coffee, tea, or hot chocolate addict.
- Ray Ban Original 58 mm Aviators – Who doesn’t love a classic aviator?! These ones come in a ton of different colors so you can tailor it to your mom’s personal style. My mom would love the gold-on-gold – the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree! The 58 mm frames are so flattering on a ton of different face shapes so your mom is sure to look gorgeous in them. You really can’t go wrong with a pair of Ray Bans!
- Portable iPhone Charger – We all know the struggle of being out and about when our phones suddenly drop to 1%. Especially for moms who are always running around with the kids, this is the perfect solution! It’s a lightweight battery pack that you can conveniently plug your phone into without having to be chained to the car or the nearest wall outlet. Also, it just so happens to come in a variety of cute colors and prints that make a stylish statement!
- Initial Mini Disc Bracelet – You all know I love a personalized gift! My mom would love this dainty 14K gold filled bracelet! You can buy one of these with each child’s initial or the family’s last initial to keep it simple. Your mom will always be able to carry you around with her!
- I Love You Code Necklace – Okay, obsessed is an understatement. As I talked about in my Jewelry with Meaning post, I love when jewelry is engraved with something that’s a bit cryptic. In other words, I like when a piece has meaning behind it but is not obviously labeled with a full name or statement. This necklace is 14K gold plated – such good quality – and has a subtle “I love you” engraved on either side. The message only becomes clear when you give it a quick spin. So fun!
- S’well Marble Bottle – I am not even going to say anything about this one. You already know how obsessed I am with my S’well bottle(s) so obviously my mom needs one, too! If you’ve never heard of it, a S’well is a double-insulated stainless steel bottle that keeps beverage cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 hours. It’s a total life-changer and you need one. I’m serious – buy one for your mom and one for you. And one for basically everyone you know.
- Google Home Voice Activated Speaker – This is for the tech-savvy mom (or not so much since it’s so easy to use)! Google Home is a voice-activated speaker that basically becomes your personal assistant. You can ask it all sorts of things: to play music, make a to-do list, or put on a timer without even pressing a button. Who needs a personal assistant more than a busy mom!?
- Fiji Gold Chain Bracelet – I have been swooning over this bracelet for months now and if I can’t have it, my mom definitely should! This chic piece is so dainty but still makes a statement. The chain is able to be adjusted by the unique sliding toggle, which is my personal favorite part. Your mom will not be able to stop wearing this beauty!
- Kate Spade Recipe Book – Everyone’s mom makes the best something – whether it’s the best chocolate chip cookies, lasagna, or mashed potatoes. Somehow moms always have the best recipes imaginable and they have to keep them somewhere, right? How cute is this Kate Spade recipe book!? The bright lemon print is cheerful and classic. And remember, one day she’s probably going to give you her recipe book so wouldn’t you want it to be in this stylish book? Always thinking ahead!
- Tory Burch Ballet Flats – These are my favorite flats of all time! Every woman needs a pair of ballet flats, no matter what, and this pair is a must. I have had this specific pair for years and they are still just as perfect as they were on day one. The elastic surrounds the entire foot, making them the most comfortable ever. Every momma needs these for a day of running errands or a long day at the office, trust me!
- MantraBand ‘Fearless’ Cuff – These dainty pieces are one of my favorite accessories. MantraBands come in a variety of metals (gold, silver, rose gold) and inspirational quotes! Search through and find the one that you think speaks to your mom and her spirit. She will treasure this!
- Le Creuset 4 Quart Casserole Dish – Such a classic piece for your mom if she’s a wizard in the kitchen! Le Creuset is the gold standard in cookware – it lasts forever and makes cooking super easy and gourmet, all at the same time. Whether she doesn’t own any Le Creuset or has a large collection, you can never go wrong with this stuff!
- Madewell Leather Tote – The perfect carry-all bag that will go with everything! Madewell is known for having high-quality leather at a super reasonable price. We all know that mom that has everything in her bag when you need it (i.e., bandaids, nail file, tissues, sweater, etc.) – this bag is perfect for that. It holds a ton of stuff but doesn’t have a lot of hardware on it to weigh it down.
Shop this gift guide:
What are you planning on buying for your mom?!